We are registered with and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). It is the role of ASQA to monitor RTO’s and ensure each RTO is compliant with the quality standards for providing vocational education and training in Australia.
The Standards are enabled by the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (NVR Act), which aims to:
- provide national consistency in regulation of the VET sector, using a standards-based quality framework and a risk-based approach
- promote quality, flexibility and innovation in VET
- promote Australia’s reputation for VET locally and overseas
- promote a VET system that meets Australia’s social and economic needs
- protect students undertaking or proposing to undertake VET in Australia, and
- ensure access to accurate information regarding the quality of VET.
All RTO’s must be compliant with the standards for registered training organisations at all times. With a dedicated Quality and Compliance department Time Education & Training is committed to maintaining the quality and compliance of all of our training and assessment services.
For more information about our registration and scope please visit: http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/40058
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Amendment Act) made many significant changes to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). These changes commenced on 12 March 2014.
The Privacy Regulation 2013, made under the Privacy Act, also commenced on 12 March 2014.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) we are required to collect and record information about you, including your personal information. Your personal information is protected by the Privacy Act and 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
CONSULTING - RTO COMPLIANCE AUDITS
Does your RTO need a health check?
Time Education & Training offer an internal audit service for Registered Training Organisations to help ensure they are meeting the requirements of the VET Quality Framework.
We audit against the VET Quality Framework components which are:
- Standards of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Australian Qualifications Framework
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements (this requirement is now part of the Standards)
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements 2011
- Data Provision Requirements 2012
Our objective is to identify risks of non-compliance and provide advice for areas of improvement prior to your external audit by the regulator. Or you can use the report as part of your continuous improvement process within your RTO.
An internal audit generally takes two (2) full days, however the number of days onsite will depend on the scope of work required.
Our audit team will come out to your organisation and conduct an audit against the VET Quality Framework and provide a written report within two (2) weeks.
Post audit, further assistance can be offered in the way of an:
- Action plan
- Training and assessment strategy development
- Template development
- Policy and procedure development
- Professional Development
Please give our office a call to discuss your needs with one of our auditors. (08) 8351 9888.