Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career choices relevant to this qualification include:
- authorised supervisor (children's services)
- centre manager (children's services)
- childhood educator
- children's advisor
- children's service director/manager
- early childhood educator
- children's services coordinator
- director (children's services)
- team coordinator
- team leader
- program leader
- child development worker
All Centres must ensure that a percentage of employed staff hold this Diploma so this qualification will likely assist you with your career development.
This qualification is available for direct entry. This means that you do not need to be currently working in the industry or hold a particular qualification to gain entry.
Students enrolling into the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care must also agree to meet the following requirements:
- obtain and provide a valid and current child related employment screening clearance (DSCI)
- undertake and successfully complete 240 work placement/assessment hours with a Time approved/provided work placement within an appropriate regulated education and care service (e.g: long-day care, child care centre)
Available under a contract of training.
Program Start Date:
29th January 2019