The Dangerous Goods program is classroom based over two days.
The Registered Training Organisation can issue a Certificate of Competency to the applicant, upon successful completion of the mandatory challenge assessment test approved by the licensing authority. This will enable the applicant to submit an application for a bulk dangerous goods licence. In addition licence holders are required to re-attend a course for the purpose of renewing their licence prior to expiry (please check timeframes with the relevant state/territory licensing competent authority)
As each state/territory is responsible for Dangerous Goods licensing, contact should be made with the relevant state/territory licensing competent authority to confirm recognition of the outcomes of this course for the purpose of meeting the competency related requirements.
What Will I Learn?
- Identify individual organisations and systems for the transport of dangerous goods
- Identify UN numbers, UN classes and UN divisions of dangerous goods including packing groups
- Check vehicle
- Assess suitability of transport mode for the intended load
- Follow emergency procedures
- Check safety equipment and its use
- Maintain dangerous goods documentation
- Secure and protect vehicle load
- Plan, control and manage transfer of dangerous goods
- Plan and manage safe transport of dangerous goods
There may be age limits to enter this course – refer to the competent authority in your state for confirmation of age limits.
Other requirements are as follows:
We are required to advise each student that this course leads to a licence outcome and there are a number of non-competency related requirements that that must be achieved to meet this requirement.
Depending on the State/Territory this may include but not limited to:
- Relevant and valid driver’s licence (in your state/territory of residence)
- Suitable driver traffic history
- A satisfactory medical report issued in accordance with the standards for licensing and clinical management and signed by a current medical practitioner; and
- Criminal history check
In the future this may also include some type of security or suitable person check.
Note: Certificates of Competency issued from this course are only recognised by the competent authority for a period of six (6) months from the date of issue by the RTO for the purposes of issuing a licence.
To access the Government Training Website visit: www.training.gov.au